Grammarly in Google Docs is simple to install and use, even if it is still in beta. It works in all major browsers, including Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge, although Chrome offers the most comprehensive experience with advanced suggestions.
We recommend you to try Grammarly price student to avail extra discount on your subscription.
Many people use spelling and grammar checkers because they require assistance with their writing. Microsoft has spent years perfecting its Office capabilities, but what if you use Google Docs instead? Grammarly, a free spelling and grammar checker that works in your browser and can correct your work everywhere you type online, including Google Docs, is a popular choice.
Also read: Geometry Assignment
How to install Grammarly in Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and, if you haven’t already, go to the Grammarly in Google Chrome page and click Add to Chrome if you haven’t previously.
2. Click Add extension to confirm you wish to install the extension.
3. The Grammarly website should now be visible. Log in to your Grammarly account or sign up for a new one for free.
4. Open a document in Google Docs on your browser. In the lower-right margin of the page, you should see the Grammarly icon (an arrow that bends into the shape of the letter G) or the total number of recommended adjustments in the text. To access the Grammarly sidebar, click it.
Other major browsers, such as Safari, Firefox, and Edge, support the Grammarly plugin. Grammarly works similarly in all three browsers, while Chrome has the most features and offers the most suggestions.
Enable Grammarly in Google Docs
You should be able to use Grammarly in Google Docs once you’ve installed the plugin. Grammarly may be deactivated if you don’t see the Grammarly symbol or the number of suggested adjustments. To double-check:
1. In the toolbar at the top of the browser, click the Extension icon.
2. Select Grammarly from the drop-down menu.
3. Make sure Google Docs’ Check for writing recommendations is set on. Swipe to the right to activate the button.
Also read: free cryptocurrency knowledge
How to use Grammarly in google?
Open a Google Doc to begin using Grammarly in Google Docs (or create a new document).
The recommended modifications can be reviewed in two ways:
By scanning for words with a red underline, you should be able to see proposed adjustments in the manuscript. You may see ideas by hovering your mouse over the red-underlined text and accepting or rejecting them one by one.
In the Grammarly sidebar, you may examine your adjustments. To do so, go to the lower-right corner of the page and click the Grammarly symbol to have the number of suggested modifications in the document shown. If you see the number of proposed modifications already, click it. The sidebar should appear, with a list of all the proposed modifications. You may now proceed one item at a time through the list, accepting or rejecting adjustments as you go. Click the item you want to use to accept the modification. You may dismiss a recommendation by clicking the trashcan-shaped Dismiss symbol. Click Learn more to get more information about the grammatical principles that underpin a recommendation.
A quick tip: At the top of the sidebar, you may see an area for Premium recommendations. These are basic ideas for enhancing the style, clarity, and tone of your text, and you’ll need to pay for a Grammarly subscription to access them.
One benefit of utilizing the sidebar is that you can quickly check how well your document rates in the four criteria Grammarly uses to evaluate it: Correctness, Clarity, Engagement, and Delivery. A fuel gauge score for each may be seen at the top of the sidebar.
Set Grammarly in Google Docs
While Grammarly is an excellent tool for checking spelling and grammar, many people also use it to ensure that their tone and presentation are appropriate for the document’s intended audience. Grammarly can tailor the suggestions it makes based on the goals you select for your text. Here’s how to put it to use:
1. If required, access the Grammarly sidebar by clicking the suggested edit counter at the bottom of the document.
2. Click the Adjust Goals button, which looks like an archery target, at the top of the sidebar.
3. Select the settings you want for this document in the Set objectives window. You have control over the audience, formality, tone, and aim. You may also pick the domain if you’re a premium subscriber, such as academic, business, artistic, and so on.
How to install Grammarly in Google Docs and use it to enhance your writing
Grammarly will personalize its recommendations if you customize the Set Goals choices. Johnson, Dave
4. Click Done when you’re finished.
The number of proposed modifications may now fluctuate; the specific suggestions will depend on the document settings you select. Depending on whether you’re writing for a wide audience of professionals in this industry, Grammarly will provide various suggestions for word choice.
Also read: Top Technology Trends 2022
A quick tip: Depending on whether you’re using the free or paid version of Grammarly, the suggested adjustments may differ. The free version does not allow you to pick Domain settings. Furthermore, unless you are a paid user, Grammarly will not provide engagement or delivery recommendations.
How to use the Grammarly software plugin or desktop client to edit documents in Microsoft Word How to receive advanced spelling and grammatical fixes for your emails by adding Grammarly to your Microsoft Outlook app. To better navigate your browser tab clutter, learn how to search and switch tabs in Google Chrome. How to change Google Chrome’s default search engine and swap between Google, Bing, and other options